Sunday, May 19, 2013

'Nikita' Season 4 - Are 6 Episodes Enough for a Conclusion?


It has recently been confirmed that season 4 will be a six-episode mini-season that will conclude the show entirely. While many fans are disappointed with the announcement of only a few episodes for their beloved show, I believe that it may be for the best.

Don't get me wrong...I mean...I did want a full season at first, and when the news came out that "Nikita" would get a final but short season, I then wanted at least 13 episodes. I think that would've been enough to write a thorough conclusion. Even "Burn Notice," another spy action series, has 13 episodes for its final season this year. Now that we know for sure that "Nikita" is getting 6 episodes, I looked up interviews to see what the people "behind the scenes" had to say. From what I gathered, it makes sense to wrap it up this way.

According to IGN, Maggie Q stated, "Creatively, I'm really excited...You know how big our episodes are. We're going to make these even bigger, because there's only six. So we want to go out movie-style, you know what I mean? Do six movies. You know where we ended it. This season, Season 4, it has to be fast-paced, right? She's out there."

One of the main reasons why "Nikita" cannot get a full 22 episodes is because of its declining ratings in the U.S. which has gone down every year with season 3 being...

Read full article here

Photo credit: The CW

0 comments:

Post a Comment